This policy applies to conductor.law, including all subpages and successor pages.
- We will never spam you or give your personal information to anyone.
- You control when and how we send messages to you.
- You can wipe your account at any time.
- Other users can’t access your data unless you share it with them.
We do send notifications, but you can turn them off. We may contact you to collect on unpaid fees owed to us. We may employ third party collection agencies to collect unpaid fees, and disclose to them such information is necessary for them to collect the fees from you.
We do share your data with third parties that provide the information services underlying our service. In particular, this service relies upon:
- Google App Engine — https://developers.google.com/appengine/ https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Adobe Typekit — https://typekit.com https://www.adobe.com/ca/privacy.html https://www.adobe.com/privacy/typekit.html
- Stripe — https://stripe.com https://stripe.com/privacy
- Intercom — https://intercom.com https://docs.intercom.com/pricing-privacy-and-terms/intercom-inc-privacy-policy
- GetSentry — https://getsentry.com https://getsentry.com/privacy/
- PostMark — https://postmarkapp.com https://postmarkapp.com/privacy-policy
The links above are for convenience only and do not represent an incorporation into this policy of any obligation or agreement by us with the respective third party.
Agreement to our Terms of service is an acknowledgment of and consent to our use of the above services and agreement by you that your data may be subject to privacy policies of the respective service providers above.
For marketing purposes we may use anonymous statistical information, for example the number of users on the system and number of documents created in aggregate or on average.
Control over your information
You can update your account information and preferences at any time. You can delete information associated with your account when you choose. We will retain data related to any unpaid debts owing to us for the purpose of collection.
Access to information
We only access your information when:
- You specifically ask us to (e.g. for technical support);
- It is required by law;
- It is necessary to maintain our system.
Selling, renting or sharing information
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information, except as you direct us by your use of the service.
Legal requests for disclosure
To protect your privacy we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we reasonably believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
Where we receive a request through a valid legal procedure to disclose personal information we shall promptly make all commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of the request. In the absence of a response from you we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delay disclosure of your personal information until you have responded to our notice. If you acknowledge receipt of our notice of a request to disclose your personal information we assume no responsibility for nor liability arising out of an Order for disclosure of your personal information. It is your responsibility to respond to the request for disclosure, and we will take no further steps (except provide disclosure as required by an Order or other valid enforceable award requiring the same).
To protect your personal information where you fail to acknowledge receipt of our notice of a request to disclose personal information, we may be obliged to retain legal counsel to attend at Court, and you authorize us to do, to advise the Court that we shall not disclose your personal information without your advanced consent unless the Court issues an Order requiring us to make disclosure.
If we are required to speak to a request for disclosure in Court, we will disclose to the Court all information regarding our attempts to contact you regarding the above-noted request for disclosure.
You assume responsibility for repayment to us of the reasonable cost incurred as a result of our efforts on your behalf to protect your personal information, including any attempts at service, legal fees and adverse costs awards arising from our refusal to consent to the disclosure of your personal information.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, certain information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assignee.
Information we collect
We collect and may retain the following:
- information you enter into the system for your account and documents. Your account information includes your identity, address, and billing information. Documents include the content you enter into each document, collaborators, print and version and billing history.
- information related to Documents to permit you to organize and categorize them, including clients, matters, tags and categories.
- billing information related to your use of the service.
- technical logs used to operate and maintain the service. In particular we log the production of printed documents, access to web pages, and errors in our service.
- anonymous usage statistics through Google Analytics to keep track of use of the service.
Length of storage
Subject to a request by you to delete it, the content of your documents and account information may be stored indefinitely, subject to commercial feasibility.
Cookies and localStorage
We or our third party services above may send “cookies” to or use “localStorage” on your computer. This data is stored on your computer for the respective purposes of the third party services identified above, and in addition for us to:
- identify you between connections to our service;
- return you to the last known location you were editing; and
- maintain a copy of certain information on your local computer in the event of a disconnection from our service.
Protection of information
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we take reasonable steps to protect all personal information. Stripe maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States and/or Canada. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
Change of policy
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to make changes to this policy from time to time.
Any material or retroactive change in this policy will come into effect no earlier than the 45th day after notice has been sent by way of mail to your mailing address or the email address associated with your account (the “Notice Period”). If you give us notice to destroy your personal information within the Notice Period the changes in the policy shall not apply to your personal information. You agree that electronic disclosures and notices have the same meaning and effect as if we had provided you with a paper copy.